Sunday, May 4, 2008

Week 11 Online applications and tools

I enjoyed completing this task and found it quite easy. Does this mean I am finally getting an understanding of what we have been taught because it is not so daunting now.

Once again being in a small country town I can't really see how this can be of use to our library. I would love to be in a larger library system where all of what we have learnt could be more better utilized. Coming from a large hospitality club where I had an admin role I can see so many ways in which this would have been so handy to have known about, for example using Microsoft Publisher and not being able to open earlier versions that what we had.

1 comment:

wscaster said...

Being from a smaller library is actually a good thing as far as this course is concerned because we need to be more rounded in our knowledge. I find that our customers really appreciate our knowledge of the net and how to find info for them on it. Sometimes it helps to think a little outside the box when answering the questions they ask and you may find yourself turning to the net more for their answers :o)